Who deserves moral consideration, or even our personal concern? How has the answer to this question changed throughout human history, and what can we deduce from this about how our descendants will see our current moral perceptions? In this lesson we will address these questions, and dive into the issue of animal rights and how to act in this cause area effectively.
Links for additional reading:
- Animal Liberation: A New Ethics for Our Treatment of Animals
- All Animals Are Equal
- Recommended Charities
- Why Are the US Corporate Cage-Free Campaigns Succeeding?
- Do Animals have Rights?
- Famine, Affluence, and Morality
- The Drowning Child and the Expanding Circle
- Self-selection of the analgesic drug carprofen by lame broiler chickens