In order to rely on existing research and previous work, we need to know how to combine different sources of information. In this lesson we will deal with questions including how to know who to trust, what types of information can be integrated, and what to do when different sources disagree. Additionally, we’ll conduct a guided exercise in which we’ll put these principles into practice together.
- Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Reasoning Transparency
- Bayes theorem, the geometry of changing beliefs
- An Introduction to Mathematical Modelling
- Superforecasting: The Art and Science of Prediction
- Products and Convolutions of Gaussian Probability Density Functions (very mathematically heavy, requires statistics background)
Tools we discussed in class: